My Favorite Things about Shanghai 2015:
1. Tian Zi Fang
- a network of alley ways full of cool shops, bars, and fantastic snack foods
- highlights: macaroon ice cream sandwiches from C&C Unicorn, finding a unicorn skull at Enigma (heck yes they do exist!), & the teeny tiny leather book shop.
2. The Alley of All Thing Cute & Fuzzy
- a little girls ultimate dream
- Everywhere you turn in this area, they sell: kittens, puppies, tiny turtles, crickets, bunnies, mice, gerbils, rats, hamsters, chinchillas, fish, and squirrels...yes, squirrels, but I'm not sure if I'd highly recommend one as a pet...as they were scurrying about inside their cages as if jacked up on mountain dew and an endless supply of pixie sticks...
3. Bar Hopping
- Bar Rules: look for a red telephone booth and enter through the right wall ;)
- Magpie: they make their own liquor by soaking the alcohol with various fruits
4. Bath Houses
- ridiculously affordable multi-story spa establishment complete with mineral baths, various treatments, really comfy chairs, and fooooooood
5. The Bund
6. Garden Sightseeing
6. Making your way around the city via your gastronomic intuition
- Dumplings....All the Dumplings...
- Street food
- Tea tasting